My Family

My Family

Friday, December 26, 2014

10 Year Anniversary

As you probably read on the blog post from December 8th, Trevor and I celebrated our 10 year dating anniversary! Since it was just a dating anniversary, we usually don't really celebrate those, but we thought since it was our 10 year, we would do something! So we decided to cook dinner together. We got some nice steaks that Trevor grilled and I made asparagus and mashed potatoes. That night we went to Rhema to look at all the Christmas lights and spent some time together. It was pretty cold out, so we didn't stay out for too long, but we had a good time just walking around.


We said we weren't going to get each other gifts of any kind, but of course Trevor went against his own rule!...and he did good! This requires a little back story, each year since we have been married we have gotten an ornament together for our Christmas tree. Our first year we got in Branson and its a snowman ice skating, our second year we got an M, and our third year we got in Michigan of Big Red, the light house. This year we hadn't gotten one, and honestly we were getting so close to Christmas, I wasn't sure if it would happen. But Trevor surprised me, as usual! Since the 10 year traditional gift is aluminum or tin, he found an ornament online that is heart shaped made from aluminum! Seriously I started tearing up because I thought it was so thoughtful!! Ladies, I am seriously the luckiest girl in the world to have found this guy!! So that was my 10 year anniversary gift!


I thank God every day for this man!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment