My Family

My Family

Monday, December 5, 2011

Work Parties!!

Trevor started working for Ernst and Young this past August and has really been enjoying it. It was a bit of a coincident that him and the other 3 members of his team all got married within 6 months of each other. It has made it quite exciting because they are all at the same point in their life so it is fun to hang out with them and their spouses outside of work. So this past week Trevor decided to host the first team social at our house (my parent's house) and it went over very well! Everyone and their spouse made a dish for the party, we had appetizers, dips, chili, and dessert. Everything was delicious. After we had some food we then played games...when I say that I feel so old, but it was actually quite fun!

All ready for the party!
Delicious M&M's
 
 Trevor and I were in charge of making the appetizers and we decided to make a finger food: bacon wrapped chicken. We had never done it before but it sounded good.
Here is all you need: boneless skinless chicken, bacon, chili powder, brown sugar, and toothpicks.
First you cut the chicken into 1x1 pieces and the bacon strips into thirds. Now wrap the bacon around the chicken and put a toothpick through it all to hold it together.

Then mix 3 tbs chili powder and 2/3 cup brown sugar in a bowl. Place each wrap in this mixture and sprinkle the mix all over the wrap.

Then place the chili powder and brown sugar covered wrap on a baking sheet to be baked.

I like to put foil down on the baking sheet so there is less clean up.
When you are finished, place the baking sheet in the oven set on 350 for 30-35 minutes.

Wah lah!
When they are finished, place them on a serving tray! We kind of dabbed the wraps on a paper towel to get some of the grease off.
They might not be the healthiest treat, but I promise, they are delicious! They were all gone by the end of the party and there were only 8 people there!

Now that the food is cooked, the games are chosen, and the house is clean, it is time for a party...obviously Winston was excited!

Just kidding...he had to stay in the cabana the whole night, so he wasn't too happy about that! But it definitely was a successful evening! I'm sad I didn't get any more pictures! This is so unlike me!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Monday after an amazing Bedlam weekend!!! I will have to post about that next time! I'm a little behind on all my posts!! See ya soon!!!

PISTOLS FIRING!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment