My Family

My Family

Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Dating Years!

7 years ago today I started dating the man I would one day call my husband! Now most of you probably think this day isn't very important anymore because we are married and should probably only celebrate our marriage anniversary...well I like any reason to celebrate, plus we planned our wedding exactly (almost exactly) 6 months away from our "dating" anniversary. We aren't making a huge deal about it tonight, but we are definitely acknowledging it and celebrating a little! Plus it is 6 months since we got married...what more reason do you need to celebrate! 7 years is a long time, especially when you are only 23, but I'm looking forward to the next 75!

Our first date is definitely a story to be told!
We first met in 11 grade (in my favorite class (not) DECA) at Broken Arrow High School. My best friend (Carlee) was dating one his Trevor's best friends (Joe) at the time, and we instantly hit things off. Trevor asked me to come to one of his basketball games but I had a singing performance that night, so I showed up really late and completely missed the game. So, we ended up going to McDonald's after the game with our friends Carlee and Joe to talk for a bit. Well, it ended up that we had to quite in common, one thing being our love for OSU; where we of course ended up going to college. We hung out for awhile just talking and getting to know each other until we had to go home.
Our first real date is definitely one to remember. That weekend, Trevor took me out for a fun filled evening (little did we know how much fun we would have). On Friday night Trevor came to my house and we were planning on driving to Carlee's house to meet up with her and Joe, and then all go out to dinner. As I was pulling out of my drive-way I backed into Trevor's truck and it ended up being about $1500 in damage (only about $15 to my Jeep). At dinner Trevor proceeded to spill salsa on himself and then a cup of water was knocked over that spilled on him as well. After dinner the new and happy couple decided to rent a couple movies to watch that evening. But unbeknown to us, one of the movies was absolutely awful and inappropriate, at least for a first date (ask why and we will let you know)...we like to say the rest is history!

Here are a few pictures (most taken on our Anniversaries) of our journey with each other so far...

Our first picture together...December 27, 2004

Showing our love for OSU!!! Our first basketball game together!!! Feb. 2005

Freshman Year OSU Homecoming!!! Oct. 2006

3 Year Anniversary...We had a delicious dinner at the Melting Pot!! Dec. 2007

4 Year Anniversary...We celebrated in Stillwater and went to a little restaurant called Tokyo Pot! Dec. 2008

5 Year Anniversary...Again, we celebrated in Stillwater and went to Kyoto! Dec. 2009
In April of 2010 Trevor made me the happiest girl in the world and asked me to be his wife! I will save the proposal story for our first "real" anniversary, but here is one of our engagement pictures!

Engagement Picture taken in Holland Michigan! Aug. 2010

6 Year Anniversary...We went back to Tokyo Pot for this Anniversary in Stillwater! Dec. 2010


Our first (and most likely our only) job that we ever worked at together!! Summer 2011
On June 4, 2011, Trevor kept his word and made my fairytale come true! I got to walk down the aisle and marry my best friend in the world!
HAPPY DATING ANNIVERSARY BABE!!!!
And just because this is our favorite picture...


Mathletes and Athletes - Sophomore Year! LOVE YOU!!!
Have a Happy Thursday!!! We have a busy Christmas weekend ahead of us!!!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment