My Family

My Family

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Badgers vs Corn Huskers

Here is Branson I work with some people that have gone to both Nebraska and Wisconsin, we so decided to have a little football party to watch the game last night! We ate delicious chili, yummy queso, and lots of other scrumcious food! ;) I decided to make a dessert!..I'm pretty sure I got this little recipe from a friend in college!! I'm sure you will know who you are if you are reading this...so thanks!! Oreo Balls. I know, it's a terrible name. I have thought about making up a new name for little dessert, but nothing has come to mind yet..if you have any ideas by the end of this blog, please let me know! ;)

Here's how you make them
First, all you need is almond bark, cream cheese, and oreos
First you mash up all the oreos...some people may have a better method, I however put them in a walmart sack and smash them up. Usually I double bag them because most likely you will put a hole in at least one of the sacks. After you smash up the oreos, you mix the oreos and cream cheese together! I used my handy dandy mixer that I love!

Before you melt the chocolate, get a cookie sheet (or whatever you plan to put the oreo balls on) ready. This needs to be able to fit in your freezer, so make sure it is not too large. I like to lay foil down on the cookie sheet so I don't get my cookie sheet dirty. Once the oreos and cream cheese are mixed, you need to melt the almond bark. I usually only melt half the almond bark, then once all of that is used, melt the other half. If you melt it all at once, sometimes it hardens back up before you get a chance to use it all and the chocolate starts looking gross.


Then you just roll the oreo/cream cheese mixture into small balls and dip them in the chocolate. Once it is completely covered, lay it on the cookie sheet.

When you have finished all of them, place the cookie sheet in the freezer and let them sit in there for a couple hours. After a few hours, you can take them off the cookie sheet and place them in a tupperware and keep them in your refrigerator.

Here are a couple pics from the party...


Picture with the gorgeous host!!
 
I obviously don't have a Nebraska or Wisconsin shirt, so I just continued supporting OSU even though they werent playing anyone.
 Although Nebraska was just killed during the game, we all had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment