My Family

My Family

Friday, July 13, 2012

Wreath Making

As many of you know I am a teacher and now that I have been off work for almost 2 months, my "things to do around the house" list has come to an end and I need things to entertain myself. Today I thought making a wreath sounded like fun!..so off to Hobby Lobby I went (along with many other unnecessary pit-stops, sorry hubby!) I wanted to price some already made wreaths just to make sure I was getting a good deal. The only one I really liked was about $50.00! Unbelievable! The larger ones got up to about $165.00! So, needless to say, I stuck with my original plan to make one...here is what I purchased.

Wreath $4.99 + my 40% off coupon
Flowers $1.20 each (they were on clearance)
Paint $ .99
Numbers $ .99 each
I already had hot glue and paint brushes, so in all I spent about $13.00!

It really was quite simple. I painted the letters, cut the stems off the flowers and hot glued everything to the wreath!



It just didn't look complete, so I then added the greenery to it as well!

It didn't cross my mind how to hang it when I was at the store, so I haven't hung it on our door yet, but I think I am going to try and use a Command Strip! Do those work well? Does anyone have any other suggestions on hanging wreaths?

No comments:

Post a Comment