My Family

My Family

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Cheer Camp

My responsibilities as cheer coach have officially begun! This past week was cheer camp and it was definitely a new adventure! It was a 3 day/2 night camp at OSU. We left Tulsa on Tuesday morning around 8:30, got checked into our dorms - my girls stayed in Allen, got settled in and headed to the Opening Ceremonies. 
North girls about to load the busses

Both 8th grade teams about to head to Gallagher. 

All the BA teams at camp! Both 8th Grade Teams, Freshman Team and JV Team

With the coaches

Overall, the first day went really smooth! Better than I was expecting. That night a couple girls were a little homesick, but we made it through! 

Day 2: I loved their cute outfits with their spirit gear on!
 

The second day had a few more bumps in the road. Right when we got to Gallagher one of my girls tripped up the stairs and scraped her palm, knee and the bottom of her toe. There was a lot more blood than I wished to see! So the first aide staff got her all taken care of! Shortly after that, one of the girls wasn't feeling well, so we took her temperature and she was running a fever of over 102! So needless to say, she ended up leaving camp early. Then, when the girls were practicing stunts, one of my girls got hit in the head and when the first aide staff checked her out, they said she may have a slight concussion. Ahhhh everything comes in threes! Luckily, the bad lucky stopped there! 
I had to leave early on the second day because Trevor had bought us tickets to see Wicked before I had accepted the jobs at BA!
Soooo good!!!! 

Thursday morning I drove back to Stillwater to be with my team on their last day of camp! They really pulled together the last day and did a great job during their final performances!!

Broken Arrow definitely didn't come home empty handed!! Lots of trophies and ribbons!
BA 8th Grade North walked away with Most Improved, Game Time Top Team, Superior Ribbons and a Spirit Stick!

So proud of these girls and what they accomplished and I'm so excited to see what this year has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment