My Family

My Family

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Guitar Goals

Toward the beginning of this year I started taking guitar lessons. I actually got a guitar for my 17th birthday with the goal in mind to learn to play...11 years later, I'm getting there! :) But really, after my 17th birthday I started taking lessons and I could play a few songs. I even played a song or two at Mayfest and some other places, but again, I was not very good. During college, I kind of gave up on it and didn't think about it much. I did play a song for our sorority recruitment one year, but I just got the guitar out and committed to learning that one song.
Sooooo, fast forward to now. I am determined to learn how to play this thing, and not just one or two songs, but seriously be able to play anything I hear! I'm definitely not there yet, but I'll get there. I have one of the best teachers, so if you are in the market for a guitar (or ANY instrument) teacher, let me know, I know the perfect person for the job! I needed to give myself a deadline, so when Trevor and I had a goal making date night, this was one of my goals...play guitar on stage by December 2016! Thankfully, I have an AMAZING and supportive team at Life.Church who encouraged me and made the day easier than I thought it would be.




This all actually started back in February of 2015. I blogged about it here. We just got done reading The Circle Maker with our life group and it really changed our thinking. After reading that book, we wanted to set BIG goals so we could see God work in BIG ways. So we took a weekend trip to Beaver Lakefront Cabins and did just that. We set goals. Some were big goals that we will hopefully see in our lifetime and others were small goals, like this one. But I know God cares about even the smallest of our goals! I know God always wants us to try and better ourselves and to not be complacent; so this was one of the desires of my heart to further my purpose in leading people to worship. If this one goal even brings one person to God's kingdom, it's done it's job! SET GOALS and WORK toward them. It's never too late!

Proverbs 21:5 The plans of the diligent lead to profit as surely as haste leads to poverty. 
2 Chronicles 15:7 But as for you, be strong and courageous for your work will be rewarded.
Psalm 37:4 Take delight in the Lord and he will give you your heart's desires.
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Philippians 4:13 is such a simple verse, but it goes through my head more than any other verse. It is seriously uplifting and has gotten me through so many stressful times.

I'm so excited to mark this goal off my list!!

No comments:

Post a Comment