My Family

My Family

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Birthday and Babymoon

The fun Kansas City adventure on my birthday was all a surprise, but this trip I knew about in advance. Last year in February Trevor and I stayed near Eureka Springs at a place called Beaver Lakefront Cabins. I absolutely loved it and knew that I wanted to go back sometime. When Trevor asked what I wanted for my birthday I mentioned going back to Beaver Lakefront Cabins and maybe making it a Birthday/Babymoon trip. Honestly, I thought babymoons were a little silly, so combining it with a birthday trip sounded more reasonable. ;) Trevor started looking into booking a room and he noticed they had a new cabin called the Hot Tub Lodge. It's basically a 5 couple house, but during the off season you could book only 2 of the rooms and they would shut off the upstairs. The lodge had a kitchen, living room, game room, 4 bedrooms/bathrooms, 2 huge decks and 2 large patios. One deck was enclosed and you could open the windows and the lower level deck was just screened in. The upper deck had a huge 10 person table and the lower deck had a hot tub on it. The game room had pool and darts and a full kitchen.

We have some friends, Shelby and Chapman, that are also preggo that are moving to Fort Worth soon, so we thought this would be a fun trip together before they moved and before our new baby adventure! 

We headed out on Friday morning around 10:45 and stopped in Rogers to grab some lunch. Check in was at 3, so we timed it pretty accurately and got settled in. 
Our home for the weekend. 

The weather was seriously so beautiful all weekend! Once we got settled in we went to our back patio and fired up the little fire pit and enjoyed the outdoors.

That night we grilled some chicken and ate dinner on our huge indoor/outdoor deck. After, we played some Uno and watched a movie. The tv they had in the living room was a 3D screen, so we wanted the movie Everest in 3D. Shockingly, I think I was the only one who stayed awake for the whole movie. It was definitely intense. 

The next morning Trevor and I got up and sat on the porch and read...check out this beautiful view. 

Once the Barlow's got up, Chapman made us some delicious breakfast burritos. We ate and chatted and then headed into Eureka Springs for the afternoon. We walked around all the shops and got a couple little souvenirs. 


We then ate lunch at the Mud Street Cafe before heading back to our cabin. 

The weather was seriously amazing, so we headed down to the dock to enjoy the sun and hang out. 



When the sun went down we played some pool and darts and then made burgers for dinner. 
Check out these burgers!!!

We then watched some tv and we all passed out early! 

Seeing as we stayed in the Hot Tub Lodge, Trevor said he had to get in the hot tub at least once during our stay, so he woke up early this morning and got some hot tub time. I would have joined him, but that is one of the no-no's while pregnant! :(

This morning we got all packed up and then headed back into Eureka to eat some brunch at the Local Flavor. 

It was seriously a great weekend with the sweetest people! I loved getting to spend my birthday with this little group and I am so excited to see how our lives are about to change! I'm so sad they are moving, but I have no doubt we will see them all the time!

Now we are heading back home. We have one more birthday celebration with Trevor's dads side of the family and then back to work tomorrow. I can't believe it's only a 4 day week and then hello Spring Break!


No comments:

Post a Comment