My Family

My Family

Monday, February 3, 2014

Vintage O & The Superbowl

This weekend we had lots of fun things planned! On Friday we had our neighbors over and cooked a great meal and played some Uno - yeah, I feel old admitting that!

On Saturday Trevor had to work in the morning til about 4 then we were headed to Vintage O-State Alumni Event! Trevor somehow got 4 tickets to go to the event so we asked some friends to join- thanks for coming Katie and Andrew! We might have been the youngest people there, but we had a great time! They had a few silent auctions that we thought about bidding on, but nothing stood out to us and then they had a real auction, but there were some high rollers there that we couldn't compete with!

I even got to cross something off my bucket list...getting a picture with Pistol Pete!!

 
And of course we had to take advantage of the photo booth!
No one was ready for the first one...

This one is my fav!
 
We literally were the last ones at the event - then we went and gambled lost all our money a little bit...We went back to Katie and Andrew's and hung out after the event and ended up staying up until 4 am! I can't tell you the last time I was awake that late!

The next morning we woke up to SNOW! I couldn't believe it! I heard there was a chance of snow, but I really didn't think we would get much. 
The dogs obviously LOVED it:
 
That afternoon we went to church and then to Reasor's to pick up the ingredients for our Superbowl festivities!
We decided to make Jalapeno Poppers and Stuffed Mushrooms...they both turned out fantastic!
 
My amazing husband helped me get things ready!...
Poppers before they went into the oven - I use the pioneer woman's recipe for these... and my favorite part is putting apricot jelly on them! Yum! ;) recipe **I add green onion and shredded cheese to the cream cheese!

Mushrooms!! Short Version - get 2 lbs of mushrooms and they are stuffed with 8 oz cream cheese, 1 lb sausage, 1/4 onion (chopped finely), 2 celery stalks (chopped finely), and 1/4 of a can of chopped black olives. Bake for 30 min on 350.
You won't be disappointed, they are delicious!! Thanks Vanessa for the recipe!

We decided to make Superbowl Squares and place our bets....Congratulations Samy and Brandon for winning them ALL!!! We decided they needed the money with baby Quinn coming soon! :)

Here is a picture of the amazing food!
 
We had a great time hanging out with our friends and watching the game. To be honest, the commercials didn't wow me, but I do have one favorite!! (I bet you can guess which one that was!)

That adorable puppy reminds me so much of Whiskey! :)
 
Now off to a week of more SNOW! I can't believe we have another snow day today - oh the life of being a teacher! We will be teaching until July at this rate...so I'm going to enjoy my day while I can!
HAPPY SNOWDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment