My Family

My Family

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Yummy OREO Cheesecake

Trevor's favorite dessert is cheesecake, so I have been wanting to make him one! He really isn't a dessert person, but I secretly know he can't pass up a good cheesecake. 

I wanted to do an Oreo one so I just started googling recipes. Some sounded really complicated, so honestly I chose the one that looked easy! Some of the reviews said to add a couple ingredients, so I took all the reviews into considerations and here is what I did:

Ingredients:
36 Oreos
3 tbs butter, melted
3 packages cream cheese (8 oz each)
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup heavy cream
2 tsp vanilla
3 eggs 

Optional: 2 oz chocolate chips & 1/3 cup heavy cream

Instructions:
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place 20 cookies in a resealable bag. Flatten bag and get out all the air. Finely crush the Oreos. I used a rolling bin and slightly beat them. Place in bowl and add melted butter. Mix together. Place the Oreos in the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan and press firmly. 


2. Beat together cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, heavy cream, and vanilla in a mixer until well blended. Add eggs one at a time. Crush up 10 Oreos and gently stir those into the batter. Pour over prepared crust. Crush up the remaining 6 Oreos and sprinkle those on the top.


Optional: I melted the chocolate chips and mixed it with the heavy cream and put it in a zip lock bag. I snipped a corner of the ziplock back and made designes on the top of the cheesecake with the chocolate. I'm no professional cake maker, so my design was nothing special, but it added a little flavor, so I liked it. 

3. Bake 40-45 min or until center is almost set. (I baked mine about 50 minutes and I should have pulled it out of the oven a little earlier!) Cool. Refrigerate for 3 hours! Then ENJOY!!



This was my first time ever making a cheesecake and Trevor loved it!!! So I'd say it was a success!! It was delicious if I do say so myself! 
 
HAPPY BAKING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment