My Family

My Family

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas Time!

We have had a busy busy December. Trevor has been busy with work all month and I have been trying to wrap up the semester with my students, plus add Christmas shopping and lots of traffic! Our first hint of Christmas came when we went to Trevor's work Holiday party. It was held at the Gilcrease Museum which is absolutely beautiful! Here are a couple pictures from the evening.

Winston's birthday was on December 17th...I really didn't have much to give him for his birthday, so I ended up giving him an early Christmas present, and of course, this is what happened to it....
It is like a game to him to get all the stuffing and the squeaker out of it! And he did all this in about 10 minutes!

On December 19th we decided to have a friends Christmas...
We had a good time exchanging gifts and hanging out together! ;)

December 21st was my last day of the semester with my kiddos!..we had a fun day because we did a talent show at the beginning of the day and then did our big reward for the students at the end of the day, which consisted of watching Home Alone in my classroom!
Here is one of the pictures I took of the Talent Show
I ended up surprising the students and at the end of the Talent Show I sang a song for them! They always ask me to sing for them, but I always tell them they have to wait til the end of the year!...so their surprise came a little early!

Slowly but surely we got lots of presents wrapped for our families! (I use the word "we" loosely as we all know that men aren't very good at wrapping presents!)



I would have really liked to send Christmas cards out this year, however, it seems like we just sent "We've Moved" Annoucements, so we decided to forgo Christmas cards. Even though I knew we weren't going to send anything out I still wanted a good Christmas Family Photo...well the dogs weren't really thrilled about the idea and neither was the hubs, so this is as good as it got!
me trying to get Winston in the picture and Trevor trying to get Whiskey to sit up, me at least looking at the camera trying to make it work and Trevor not even paying attention to the camera!...this pretty much sums everything up!
When Christmas finally arrived we literally had 7 Christmas' to go to!!!-this is not an exaggeration.
First up, Trevor and I decided to have a little Christmas to ourselves. We drank some wine that our neighbors got us and opened gifts.
Trevor and his gifts!

I got new Jeep doors!! ..horray for no more duck tape on my window!!!

Next up, Christmas with my family at our house. Trevor and I decided to make stuffed bell peppers and bacon wrapped asparagus for dinner. After dinner we opened gifts and then headed to Kansas to see my grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins!
me and Wes

Ugly Sweater Contest!!

sisters

Cousins!

being goofy!


grandpa and brother
I didn't get any more pictures of the holiday however, when we returned from Kansas we had Christmas with Trevor's dad's side of the family on Christmas Eve. On Christmas day we did Christmas with Trevor's mom/family, then his grandma and after that his great grandma! Overall we had a great time with family and friends! Trevor is now off hunting again this weekend, hence the free time for me to get caught up on blogging!
I hope everyone had a safe and fun holiday...I definitely could have gone for more snow! I was a little disappointed nothing ever came!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment