My Family

My Family

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

BUY MY HOUSE

That's right...our house is for sale!

Trevor and I got married in June of 2011 and at the time, I was working in Branson and Trevor had a job lined up at EY that didn't start until August of that year. We both lived in Branson for the couple months after our wedding and then Trevor moved back to Tulsa to start work. My contract ended in Branson in November, so that is when I moved back to Tulsa. We moved in with my parents at the time because we weren't sure of what my job situation was going to be and we just wanted to get our feet on the ground. And quite frankly, my parents had the room (thanks mom and dad!). I got a job at Union Public Schools just a couple weeks after returning and officially started there in January of 2012. So, in mid-January, after looking at a few homes, we decided to build!
We officially got to move in at the end of May. I remember it being perfect timing because school got out and it was the very next day that we closed on this house!

We absolutely LOVE our home, it will always be our first home. What makes it even more special is, this is where we brought Brooks home to. What a special memory! That is probably the hardest part about deciding to sell our house and move. I just got his nursery exactly how I love it and now we have to pack it all up. His room is probably my favorite in the house right now! But I also know that he will never remember this move or this room.

If we love our home so much, why are we selling? Well, we have decided we are ready for a new chapter. Trevor's family has a lot of land just southeast of where we live and it has always been the intent to build on it someday. When we first moved to Tulsa we didn't know how long we would be here, we weren't sure if we wanted to travel some, we even looked at Trevor working abroad for a little while. And, once you build on family land, it's an unwritten rule that you just don't sell, so we just weren't ready for our forever home. We didn't even know what features of a house we liked. Plus, you just never know where life is going to take you, especially in the early years. Of course, we still don't know exactly what is in store for us, but we are now willing to take that chance. We have just decided this is the right time for us!

So...help us sell our home! Share it with everyone you know!
Here is the zillow link





























1 comment:

  1. I can understand why you would want to sell your first home. Sometimes you just need a little change in your life. I hope you were able to sell your home shortly after this post. It has a cozy vibe to it, so I cannot see why it would not sell fast. You are going to love creating the nursery in your new home.

    ReplyDelete