My Family

My Family

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Baby Shower - May 21


Yesterday, some of my very good friends threw me a baby shower! A huge THANK YOU goes out to Cassie, Nichole, Andrea and Katy!! You all are amazing! Thank you for making me feel so special and going out of your way to make this day so meaningful! The house looked amazing, the food was delicious and I know everyone had a great time! Thank you to Katy and Nichole for taking me to brunch before and going to get mani's! And thank you to Andrea and Cassie for getting everything set up and decorated while we were out getting our nails done! Such a fun morning!
Look at this amazing food and the adorable books that matched the food...what a CUTE idea!!!










They also had the cutest games...
Loved reading all of these!




 Love this guestbook idea!! And my super talented friend painted those adorable boots! 



And then came the SURPRISE gender reveal!! So, I have been struggling with what curtains to get for the nursery. I knew I wanted to make some, but I was having trouble with what route to go. If we were having a girl, I really wanted to make some REALLY girly curtains with ruffles and the whole shebang! I then just decided that I would make a boy curtain and a girl curtain and then hang whichever one after the baby is born. We went to the doctor for our 32 week appointment, which included an ultrasound, and that's when we found out! We went in still thinking we were going to wait to find out the gender, however, when we were getting our ultrasound, the baby was being stubborn and we weren't able to see it's face at all. She tried several times to get him/her to move so we could get some good pictures, but it wasn't happening. We hadn't had an ultrasound since our 20 week appointment, so I was really bummed when the baby was being stubborn. We then had to wait to see our doctor. When we were waiting, Trevor knew I was sad that we didn't get any pictures and he kept asking what would cheer me up. I knew I just needed to get over it, but then he asked if finding out the gender would make me happy. Of course it would, but we have waited this long, so I said no! He then told me a piece of him wanted to find out... and it was all downhill from there. We just kept going back and forth until we had talked about it too much! When our doctor finally came in, we asked her if she knew the gender and she said no, so she let us go back in and get another ultrasound so we could find out. The baby also decided to cooperate then and we got to see HIS sweet face along with finding out it's a BOY! We even got to take some pictures with us! That seriously made my day!


I seriously have the most generous and thoughtful friends!! We got so much stuff that we needed and stuff that was just absolutely ADORABLE!


THANK YOU SO MUCH to each and every person that came to the shower! You seriously made my day and I can't thank you enough for your generosity! You made me feel so special and it makes my heart so happy to know how loved this sweet baby BOY is!!!












Trevor even surprised me and bought me a gift! He knew I really wanted this diaper bag, so he went and got it for me and gave it to me after the shower! I LOVE IT!
Now that school is over, I am in full baby mode! I can't wait to finish up the nursery and get everything ready for this little one to make an appearance into the world! Again, thank you to everyone who made me feel so special yesterday! My heart is full!

No comments:

Post a Comment