My Family

My Family

Monday, February 15, 2016

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day was definitely a little different this year. We spent this past Thanksgiving in Kansas with my grandparents and my grandpa and Trevor started building a crib. I knew I was off work for President's Day, so we decided to come back this particular weekend to finish the crib. Trevor and I both took a personal day on Friday so we could leave fairly early and get to grandma's at a decent time. We hit the road and made it to grandma's by supper time. After dinner Trevor and my grandpa went to the shop and grandma and I stayed in and talked. We had a little crisis that evening because we noticed after dinner that Whiskey was limping. It appeared that he broke his nail, but he broke off quite a bit that it must have hit his blood vessel in his nail because there was a lot of blood and he was basically not using that paw. We couldn't really do anything about it that night, so we just kept him in the garage so he wouldn't be running around, chasing cats like a mad man and making it worse. The next morning Trevor went hunting. My uncle has a bunch of land and there is a guide that uses his land to take people on hunts and he was nice enough to take Trevor for free. It was the last weekend here in Kansas for goose, so that is what they hunted.
Here are a few pictures that Trevor took..

While Trevor was hunting, my grandma and I went to a breakfast in Stafford with all the ladies from her church. It was fun getting to meet some of her friends and to see extended family that I haven't seen in awhile. When we got home we took Whiskey to the vet in Great Bend to get his paw checked out because he was still limping pretty bad and his nail looked terrible. 
The vet was super nice, clipped off the nail he broke, gave him some pain meds and wrapped it up!

He just can't quite hang with the farm dogs!
The vet told us to keep him off his paw, but since we were on the farm we had to let him run. He was definitely limping all weekend, but that didn't stop him from pestering the cats. Luckily, since Trevor was going hunting with a guide instead of on his own, he wasn't planning on taking Whiskey on the hunt. So he got to relax and sit this one out. 

That morning my uncle and grandpa worked on the crib a bit until Trevor got home from hunting and joined them. We were VERY thankful for my uncle coming to help because the initial plan was for Trevor's dad to come with us to help, but unfortunately plans changed kind of last minute, so Trevor was on his own. 

That evening we had a special surprise in store for my grandparents. We wanted to take them out for a nice Valentine's Day dinner. So my cousin and her husband, Ruthann and Aaron, and me and Trevor drove my grandparents to a town called Ellsworth so we could eat at this neat restaurant called Pretty Boy Floyd's. 

Ruthann and Aaron live in Ellinwood near my grandparents, but the other surprise was that my cousin Carley and her husband Spencer from Sioux Falls, SD drove in for dinner as well!! The 8 of us had a time! And it's always fun to spoil your grandparents because you've grown up getting spoiled by them!

On Sunday we went to church and out to lunch with the same group and then Carley and Spencer hit the road back home and Ruthann and Aaron had some V-Day plans. We went back to the farm so Trevor could get this crib done. 
Seriously, look at these guys hard at work...

I am so thankful for the hard working men in my family!!! Thank you grandpa and Uncle Wayne for helping Trevor!!

We ate some dinner and then played Mexican Train on Sunday night. 

This morning we got up, ate some breakfast and then hit the road. I'm so excited to see our new wood floors! But I know it will be hard work getting everything back to working order! I hope everyone had a special Valentine's Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment