My Family

My Family

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Some January and Some February

We've had a lot on our plate these last few weeks...I even got a fever blister because I have been a bit stressed, but luckily this weekend I will get to relax.

On January 26th we finally bought a dresser! Wahoo! I had initially wanted the white-ish colored one, but we ended up with this one. 
It's actually a tv stand/entertainment center, but we thought it was perfect for what we have planned. 

On January 29th we had tickets to go to Red Dirt Roundup at the BOK Center. We saw Cody Johnson and Eli Young Band. We have seen EYB quite a few times in the past and have always loved their concerts, but it just wasn't the best I've seen this go round. I was a little disappointed, but we had fun anyway!

Trevor being ridiculous since there is nothing to see yet!...

On January 30th Trevor and I had a fun filled day around Tulsa. The weather was beautiful so we decided to take a stroll on the motorcycle. I got a new helmet awhile back that I still haven't taken out of the box, so we decided to give it a try to see if I like it. The original one I ordered basically never came in, so Trevor had to get me a different style. Definitely not a fan of the butterflies, but I don't mind the purple and black color. 
We rode over in Bixby and decided to get  a little snack at Nothing Bundt Cake. 
Yum!!

Trevor hadn't really felt good all day so that night we just had a date night on the couch. Plus, the next day I was singing all day at church, so I was fine with going to bed early. 

Back in early January I had ordered a thing called DateBox. It's a monthly subscription and I just wanted to try it out. We got an email saying this date box date was a group date and we needed to invite 2 other couples to join us. We asked our friends Katie and Andrew and Brittney and Noah. We decided February 5th was our date night. 
We decided to have some dinner at our house, everyone brought a little something, and then we began. It was a scavenger hunt between couples. You had 60 minutes to accomplish as many tasks as possible. Here are some of our tasks...
Pose with a window manikin.

Give a stranger a bear hug!

Propose in public

Kiss in public

Push your spouse in a shopping cart. 

Carve your initials in a tree. 

Share a Coke.

And best of all...
Get handcuffed to a cop! 

These weren't all of the tasks, but it was a good chunk of them. All of us came in close, but Trevor and I officially won! We got a little victory trophy! After the date night we played a couple games and then stayed up wayyyy too late chatting!

The next day we had a baby shower on the agenda! Our sweet friends Reagan and Chad are celebrating baby boy #2! It was such a cute, rustic shower! 


4 mama's to be!! Love these girls!
The rest of the afternoon was spend moving out of our house to get ready for our new floors!

On February 11th we finally celebrated our girls Christmas, which got its name changed to GALentines Day! 
These ladies are the best! There is never a dull moment with them and there is always guaranteed laughing! Thank you Haley for dinner! And thank you Neafus for my awesome new shirt! Love you girls!!!

Now we are headed to Kansas to see my grandparents and finish a crib for this little baby. I cannot wait to see the finished product and to get it in the nursery!! I'm also excited to come home to some new hardwood floors. We went and saw them this morning and they look awesome!! 

Have a great Valentine's Day Weekend!! 💜💜💜



No comments:

Post a Comment