My Family

My Family

Sunday, September 27, 2015

What a Weekend!

This weekend was truly amazing! It's been stressing me out for a few weeks, but once it finally got here, well, everyone is still alive, so I guess it all went okay!! First up was Friday night. On Thursday we were given free tickets to go to an event called Tulsa Wine and Roses. We initially were planning to do nothing Friday night because Saturday was such a big day, but we couldn't turn down free tickets. The event was at the Tulsa Garden Center by Woodward Park and there were about 40 different food/distributors around the Tulsa area and it was amazing!!! Seriously, we ate so much food! My favorite food was from Tallgrass Prairie Table and my favorite dessert was from Nothing Bundt Cakes. We went back for seconds! If you have not tried this place...holy cow! It was amazing! 

That night we went home and got straight in bed for our busy busy Saturday!! Saturday we woke up around 5:30, stretched, got dressed, and headed downtown for Race for the Cure. The race started at 7:30. I have been doing the couch to 5k app since the first week in August and Trevor had just run a handful of times with me the last few weeks. My only goals were to run the entire time and to beat my past times and I succeeded on both, so I sure was happy!
Trevor's time was amazing! He did it in about 28 minutes and I was a little under 35 minutes. Yes, I am well aware that I run at the pace of a turtle. 🐢
After the race we headed home to shower and get ready for the day and we went to breakfast with Trevor's mom and step-dad. We went to Cafe Savannah's at Forest Ridge. If you have not been there, I highly suggest it. We have been there twice for breakfast and you get an abundant amount of food and it's really inexpensive and delicious! Anyway, we went to breakfast and then headed to Trevor's dad's to celebrate his birthday. I wasn't able to stay but an hour or so because I was asked to lead worship on Saturday night. I.was.super.nervous!! To be completely honest, I almost backed out on running the 5k because I put a lot of pressure on myself to make everything perfect, but Trevor made me stick to my goal of I just did it all! So, I hung out at Trevor's dad's for a bit and then headed to the church. I had such an amazing time leading! I was definitely nervous, but I just continued to pray that God would give me the words to speak. And HE IS FAITHFUL! Everything went really smooth, better than I ever could have dreamed! Plus, I literally had the best, most encouraging, talented band/music techs up on stage with me! It almost brought tears to my eyes how gracious they were to me! Thank you all for making my first time leading such an amazing experience! 
Trevor and my amazing, supportive lifegroup came to the 6:30 service and Trevor got a couple pictures! 

After church we all went to dinner together at Charleston's. I seriously have the best friends! I can't imagine my life without this amazing lifegroup!

We went to bed super early Saturday night because I had church again this morning and Trevor went to help his dad with hay bales. I was also soooo excited because my best friend, Nichole and her boyfriend, Stephen got to come to the 11:30 service. Although I didn't get to hang out with them for very long, it was so sweet of them to make the time to come and see me and talk to me for 30 minutes after the service before the next service started. She even took this sweet picture!

Seriously, WHAT AN AMAZING WEEKEND! I think Trevor and I are going to have a relaxing evening at home tonight! Netflix is calling my name, so is pizza! 🍕🍕

No comments:

Post a Comment