My Family

My Family

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

What's Been Happenin'

My life hasn't been too interesting lately, just relaxing and enjoying things as they come. With Trevor being gone (living in Tulsa) I have found other things to occupy my time. For starters, I read The Help.

It was such a great book! There wasn't a lot of action, but I loved how every few chapters a new character was speaking, so you got to read several view points over the same issue. I also went and saw the movie with some friends. I always like to think of books and movies as different entities when reading and watching. I'm never happy with the movie if I don't think of it like this, because movies are so much less detailed and it makes me think they are lacking in something. So I always just think of them as two different stories. With this book/movie, there were things I liked about the book better than the movie and there were other things I liked about the movie better than the book. So I was pleased with both.

Awhile back I started watching Friday Nights Lights.

More than one person recommended this TV show to me, so I thought I would give it a chance. Well again, since the hubby has been away, I got a chance to finish all the seasons! I absolutely LOVE this show and highly recommend it! I honestly think it is my favorite TV show now...I'm just sad that it won't be returning. I was reading about it and I guess someone wrote a book about someones life, then made the movie, then the TV series, and now I think they are making another movie. I haven't even seen the first Friday Night Lights movie, so I guess I need to catch up.

I have now started reading The Hunger Games
I am only about half way through and I am addicted! It is hard to put down once you start reading it. My friend Andrea and I are reading it at the same time, so we get to talk about it in the evenings which makes it even more fun! We call it our unofficial book club! ;) We need to come up with a good name for our "unofficial book club."

I also have had plenty of time for friends...last night we went to a nice steakhouse here called Level 2.
It's restaurant month here and with that you can order a 3 course meal for $20. I was so full by the end of my meal I had to take my delicious cheesecake home...which I ate this evening! ;)

Lastly...I get to see my husband in 2 days and we will be together for 10 days!!! Can't get any better than that!!! ;)

Hope everyone has a fabulous week!!!
Jillian

No comments:

Post a Comment