My Family

My Family

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Things I Love...

Well, as many of you know, Trevor has officially moved back to Tulsa and I am still living in Missouri. Last week got a little quiet around my house, but me and Winston will manage! Trevor started work at Ernst and Young last Wednesday and so far it seems to be going well. We got a little spoiled because I actually have been off work since Friday and have most of the week off. But after this week, it is back to being in seperate states for a few months. Since I have been off work all week, you would think I would have something interesting to write about, but I have been pretty lazy all week so far...I have hung out with friends a few times, gone to lunch with friends, and hung out by my parents pool...but that is about the extent of my days! So I thought I would do a little random blog about the things I love. Those that know me probably already know these things, but if you are reading this blog for the first time, this will give you some fun facts about me!

First up...MUSIC! I started singing when I was about 7 years old and it has always been a passion of mine. I was in a 4 girl performing group for about 10 years that taught me so much. When that ended I started doing more solo work and began to learn to play guitar. Initially, I didn't get too far with the guitar. I was able to accompany myself on a few songs, but then I started college, and life got crazy! Throughout college I was still performing every summer as much as possible and taking every opportunity that presented itself. About 4 or 5 years ago I started writing my own songs. Writing in a journal has always been an escape for me and a way to get everything out, so songwriting came pretty easy to me when I would just sit down and devote some time to it! Then a few years ago I started taking piano lessons again. Again, I never became a pro at this, but it is a helpful tool when writing songs. Last summer I started performing out at Silver Dollar City and have enjoyed every minute of it! That will be coming to an end this October, and I am so excited to see what else I can do with music when I return to Tulsa to be with my husband! Performing has always been a passion of mine and it always seems to lead me in ways that surprise me!


Next Up...


I love OSU!!!! The two pictures above were taken in the suites!! My brother is 4 years older than me and he went to OSU...so it was kind of written in for me to go there. Plus, when I started dating Trevor junior year of high school, he was dead set on going there...so it was a win win situation for me! It was the best 4 and 1/2 years of my life and memories that I will never forget! I'm so excited to go to football games and tailgate over the next years! It will be exciting going back as an alum!

Which leads me to...


FRIENDS AND FAMILY!!! I would not be who I am today without these people in my life!!! My family has always supported me 100% on anything I do! Trevor has been my best friend and supporter since the day I met him! And I could not ask for better friends!!! They have been there for me through thick and thin and I know I can always count on them!

A lot of people can't say this...but I love my job!!!!
I work with the best people in the world and I am doing what I love doing! I have been blessed so much in getting this job and all that is has offered me! I have also met some of the best friends through this experience!

Last but certainly not least...

I love my adorable puppy Winston!!!! He was a gift to me from Trevor and it was really the first gift that Trevor gave me that was hinting at wanting a future with me! Winston has always been our puppy! Although he gets in trouble quite often...he can do no wrong in my eyes! ;) 

Although there are many things I love...these are the ones on my mind today! I hope everyone has a fabulous Wednesday! I'm about to be poolside the rest of the day!

xoxo, Jillian

No comments:

Post a Comment