My Family

My Family

Saturday, July 27, 2019

Rhett turned 21 Months in July 9th

Alrighty, we are catching back up still. I also forgot to get 20 month and 21 month pictures. Second child! Haha! We were on vacation this past week chatting and we were talking about how all of us 2nd children don’t have baby books or all the fun things that first children got. And well here I am falling into it as well! I promise this kid is equally as loved and cared for! Haha! 

Like I said in the 20 months blog, Rhett is chatting a lot. He gets frustrated really quickly and usually defaults to whining or making “uh” noises to get what he wants but with some prompting, he is using words more and more. He has the sweetest voice! He is a totally different learner that Brooks. He is very hands on, kinsethetic learner, which probably explains why he likes books with flaps or something to “do” more than anything. Most other books don’t hold his attention. For about 4 months now he LOVES our Lift and Look books. He asks to read them DAILY! I think he likes the element of surprise and finding the specific thing under all the flaps! If you have a hands on kid like me, let’s chat! I’ll get you hooked up with some incredible books!! 

Onto our life in pictures! 

He is the cutest!! 



We love our zoo dates! My mom got to join us for this zoo trip and we all had so much fun! 






He is getting so into books, I LOVE it! I will catch him at least once a day curled up on our recliner and reading away! Make books available at all times! Kids are drawn to them!!!

 
The boys have a new thing where they pick me flowers almost daily! I’m not complaining!!



We celebrated cousin Jude’s Birthday at the Splash Pad and I’d say the boys had a blast!!










I’m sure you can guess what I got him! Some of my favorite books! I’m going to have to get him Nibbles because we must have read it a long time ago and then shorty after his birthday I got to hang out with Jude again and he asked me to read him Nibbles again!! I LOVE that he remembered the books we read! And Nibbles is a GREAT one and pretty unforgettable!


And then they had fun at Chucky-Cheese for the first time!






Some morning reads while I get breakfast on the table! Breakfast time is one of the top 3 places to read to your kiddos. It’s a great place to learn, it sparks great conversation and it gives them something to do while you are getting stuff ready! Lift the Flap Shapes has been a fan favorite at our house lately! 


These three are the best!!


I love days that I get to watch Jude. These boys have SO MUCH FUN together! These were both candid shots. They wanted to hold hands and go on adventures together. Don’t be fooled, there were plenty of arguments during the day, but I have to cheer them on in their moments of sweetness!




Snuggle time while learning our colors! (Big Book of Colors)


Oh my goodness, he is full of sweetness!!


Like I said, I’m loving their new routine of picking me flowers! 


Dad even helps them trim them and put them in a glass! 


More splash pad time this summer! Thankfully the rain has subsided and the sun is in full force!




Oh and look at that! I did have a 20 month photo! Haha! Too bad it’s in the wrong post! Maybe I’ll get 21 months and 22 months in the 22 month post! We’ll see! Haha!


These boys are too much fun!!! 


I’m sorry that I’m a little behind Rhett! You keep me on my toes and make sure I don’t have much time to blog! Thankfully a 14 hour car ride is on my side right now! Happy 21 months little boy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment