My Family

My Family

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Brooks's Room

We have officially been sleeping in our home for 11 nights now. Wahoo! It is wonderful! It is better than I could have dreamed of when we started this process. Life is just so sweet right now.

I'm having so much fun getting each room just the way I like it. I made the mistake in our last home to just fill the house. I wanted every room to be "done" so I bought things I didn't love and filled the house. About a year later I wanted to replace half the stuff I bought. This didn't go over well with my budgeter of a husband. So....I won't be making that mistake again. I'm taking my time and only decorating with what I love. 

Everything takes just a little longer to accomplish when you have a toddler. I try to get a lot done when Trevor is at work, but some things I just need him for. That means I have to wait until he gets home from work, then we usually eat dinner, and then I want Trevor to get some quality time with Brooks; so most everything happens after Brooks goes to bed. By that time, I'm usually tired, so we can only accomplish a couple tasks a night. Haha! My first priority was to get Brooks's room totally set up. I wanted him to be comfortable and have a room that he loves. So, here are the pictures. 








He LOVES playing in his teepee!

I absolutely LOVE how it turned out. It's one of my favorite rooms in the whole house and Brooks loves playing in there too. He has also slept like a champ in there every night. So, I'd say our mission was accomplished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment