My Family

My Family

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

One of My Best Friends Weddings

This pretty lady got married this past weekend! 
Katy and I met Freshman year because we both went Potluck with our rooming situation! We were both placed in Bennett Hall - 3rd floor - sorry I can't remember the room number! We instantly became friends and haven't looked back since!! Seriously, God knew what he was up to when he put us together! 
First picture ever! :)

We both went through recruitment and although we chose different houses, we remained friends through it all! During Freshman year we survived a lot of pomping with our sororities, Stillwater's snow storm (it was so cold, we literally just went outside to take pictures of us playing in the snow to say we did it!), numerous relationships, a crazy roommate, cake in the face (I will not go into detail on that one), an awful breakup and a lot of Bennett Hall food! When Sophomore and Junior year came around we didn't see each other as often since we were living in our sorority houses, but Junior year we survived several lake trips and our Spring Break trip!!

We agreed that when Senior year came around we would find a house and live together again! And that's exactly what we did! Our schedules were pretty crazy senior year as well, but we always found time to be great friends! 

Even after Senior year we always made it a point to hang out! We took a road trip to Shreveport to visit a friend and when I was living in Branson the first summer, Katy was in Springfield. So we had a couple shopping days!
Eventually this guy came around...
And we all knew it was something special! 

In 2011 Katy stood next to me on my big day 
So I was so excited to return the favor!

This past weekend Trevor and I made the drive to Austin, TX to celebrate Katy and Clayton! We left on Thursday around 7 and got to Austin at 2:30 in the morning. That night, or what was left of it, we stayed with our friend Brady. On Friday morning we got up and all had breakfast together before Brady and Trevor went golfing. Around the time I was about to leave, I realized that Trevor had only booked our hotel for Saturday night and as it stood, we didn't have a place to sleep tonight. So, we did some scrambling and luckily found a really nice room for not too much! Thank goodness!! On Friday afternoon I went to Katy's bridal luncheon at Brio Tuscan Grille. It was amazing!

That evening we had the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner at Salt Lick BBQ! Since it was Halloween, they decided to make it a festive rehearsal dinner, and everyone wore costumes! Trevor and I were the Thunderbirds and Pink Ladies!

The bride and groom were Alice in Wonderland and the Mad Hatter! 

On the day of the wedding all of the girls met at the Blo Dry Bar and got our hair done!


Then headed to Gabriel Springs.




Seriously, the prettiest bride inside and out!!! The ceremony was beautiful and the reception was a blast! I was also soooo excited to see my best friend that I haven't seen since February! 

I'm not sure we stopped talking until the next day when had to head back home!!! And we had a lot of fun in the photobooth!!
Such a fun weekend!! The drive home on Sunday was a little long, and I still don't think I've caught up on sleep, which is odd since we gained an hour! But it was all totally worth it!! CONGRATULATIONS Katy and Clayton!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment