My Family

My Family

Thursday, November 28, 2019

First Trimester - Baby #3

With Brooks I documented things weekly and I couldn't really keep up with it when I was pregnant with Rhett, so you can only imagine how I feel about this one! Haha! Chasing two little ones, running a business, leading worship at church, being a wife, etc. Life happens! So here is a general overview!

Baby Size: If I'm being honest, I copied and pasted all of these from my blog about the first trimester with Brooks and Rhett! Ha!
Week: 5-Appleseed, 6-Sweetpea, 7-Blueberry, 8-Raspberry, 9-Green Olive, 10-Prune, 11-Lime, 12-Plum and 13-Peach

My Symptoms: I've had some of the same symptoms and definitely some new ones this go-around. Nausea has been brutal! Definitely thrown up on a few occasions, but most of the time nothing really sounded good other than carbs. I didn't really love eating only carbs for weeks, but it was about the only thing I could keep down. I have terrible headaches and start feeling really down in the afternoons. That's usually when I get stuff done for Usborne Books and More, so it was a little rough for a few weeks. I basically took September off because I couldn't kick these awful headaches. I'd attempt to work out, but it actually made me feel worse, so workouts were pretty nonexistent most of 1st trimester. Tiredness is crazy, but I can't give into that because of two toddlers. Some days when Trevor got home, I just went to bed, but most days I could power through till the end. Another odd symptom is, my mouth constantly has a metal taste. It drives me CRAZY! I usually just chew gum or eat a quick snack to override it, but it comes back pretty quickly. I'm hoping that goes away in the 2nd trimester. And now the craziest symptom. I am COMPLETELY out of breathe. It constantly feels like someone is pinching my lungs. This has been a real problem when I'm trying to sing. I can barely make it through one song without needing to take a breather. This has been a real challenge for me. I even tried an inhaler, but it actually made things worse. So, I had to tough it out. Hoping that gets better in the 2nd trimester too!

Weight: I think I've gained about 5 pounds. I'm sure it's because of only eating carbs for weeks! Haha! But I was thankful to be able to keep those down, so you win some, you lose some.

Gender: We find out November 14th and I.CANNOT.WAIT! Trevor thinks it's a girl, but I am not putting any bets on that! HAHA!

Maternity Clothes: Not yet. But a couple pairs of pants are definitely getting tight.

Movement: Since I kind of already know what I'm feeling for, I have felt little flutters a couple times when I lay down for bed. I'm excited to feel movement again. That was one of my favorite parts of being pregnant with the first two.

Sleep: Sleeping is good. I'm a GREAT sleeper, thankfully! I usually get up to pee once or twice but I easily fall back asleep.

Cravings: Carbs! HA! I also do NOT want sweets. I rarely turn down ice cream (lol) but that's not really what sounds good. I'd rather have something salty...popcorn, pretzels, etc. I also want iced coffee. Hot coffee sounds pretty terrible, but I'm always up for an iced coffee. Trying not to drink too much caffeine, but it usually helps a little when I get those afternoon headaches.

Work Outs: These were pretty nonexistent in the first trimester. I was actually advised not to work out when I was pregnant with Rhett because of some crazy complications, so to be honest, I had a little fear going into working out after finding out I was pregnant. I did work out a couple times, but sometimes a nap was more important. I'm hoping to start up again in second trimester.

Best Pregnancy Moment: Honestly just finding out I was pregnant because of trying for over a year. And getting to tell our friends and family who'd been praying for us for so long.

Goals for next trimester: Work-out and eat less carbs!

Thoughts: Before getting pregnant I was really set on wanting all boys. But now after getting pregnant there is a big part of me that wants this one to be a girl! I'll be GREAT either way, but I am definitely anticipating the day we find out!


10 Weeks Preggo! Not really showing, but I definitely see a little pooch! And a crazy cluttered closet! Ha!

Even though I was completely short of breathe even before we started, I was proud of myself for doing the Maroon Bells Hike when I went on a girl's trip to Colorado.


No comments:

Post a Comment