My Family

My Family

Saturday, December 30, 2017

2017 Highlights!

According to Instagram, here were my top 9 photos...

I’d say it accurately portrayed the highlights of my year...
Getting pregnant with baby #2, enjoying family time on our fun new Polaris Ranger, celebrating Brooks turning 1, moving into our dream home on land after MONTHS of hard work, welcoming Rhett into the world and  becoming a family of 4. 

It did miss a couple highlights...like:

My brother got married in St Thomas!


We had a really cool gender reveal!


Trevor shot his 1st turkey. 


Trevor went to work for his dream company called CCK. 

My baby started walking!


My amazing moms group threw me the cutest baby shower. 


My grandparents celebrated 65 years of marriage!


And my best friend got married!


We received so many blessings this year. But, sometimes blessings come only after you have endured a trial of your faith. Building our home was a HUGE blessing, but goodness, it took way longer than we expected and more hiccups than anticipated. It definitely tested my patience and made me have spiritual checks when things weren’t going as anticipated (with a baby due so close to our move in date!). Another blessing was Trevor’s new job at CCK. We are so thankful for this company and Trevor’s position there, but, it took some leaps of faith to get to this. We started our own business and went full time in January of 2017. It took that leap of faith to sell our house and build one that in the long run would be much better financially. It took that leap of faith to set us on the right track to finding Trevor’s dream job. Those weren’t things that happened overnight. It took patience, it took hard work, it took a few hard conversations, it took a lot of trust and it wasn’t always easy to know the right next step. Like I said, this year was amazing and life changing, but it was hard. It has stretched me, pushed me, humbled me, and ultimately made me closer to Jesus and a better version of myself...which isn’t always easy!

I’d like to say I want life to not be so crazy in 2018. But really, I just want to follow Jesus wherever he is taking me just like we did in 2017. Following God’s call for your life is not always easy (if ever) but it is worth it! If 2018 is equally as crazy as 2017, I pray that I handle all the craziness with more grace, strength and Godly character. 
“We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭5:3-5‬ ‭NLT‬‬

I hope you all have a safe and wonderful NYE!! I am welcoming 2018 with open arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment